Monday, May 18, 2009

Living Life in the Fast Lane

Well, yesterday was graduation. I wanted to give a shout out to my other class mates and friends that graduated in the proud Class of 2009! Congrats! But now what? What to do with my time? I have been thinking about the song by Matthew West "Motions" its one of my favs. But it talks about how you dont just want to live life going through the motions and then at the end ask yourself, "What if I had given everything?" I dont want to live my life like that. I want to live a life always serving God and others, never myself. I never want to feel satisfied where I am at, but I definitely want to get out of this annoying cycle of nothingness I find myself tumbling through. I want to reach out to those in need, and also to those that are greedy. It's not only the poor we need to reach out too, but also the rich. Mark 10:25 says, " It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." Reach out to everyone. Don't just live life going through the motions.

"Motions"
This might hurt, it's not safe
But I know that I've gotta make a change
I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something
'Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life
I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
"What if I had given everything,
instead of going through the motions?"
No regrets, not this time
I'm gonna let my heart defeat my mind
Let Your love make me whole
I think I'm finally feeling something
'Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of this life

No comments:

Post a Comment