Sunday, June 14, 2009

Prayers of the Saints

Well lately I've been contemplating the importance of prayer. Looking back to when I was little, I use to think of prayer almost as a good luck charm. If you forgot to pray or maybe just left out something you prayed for everyday, something bad was going to happen. I don't know why I viewed it like this and maybe I was the only one that did. But have you thought about this, God is your friend. Can we start treating him like a friend and not like some huge man in the clouds with "lighting in his fist"? He loves you and wants to talk to you everyday, all day.

These past few weeks, God has made it clear to me the power of prayer. From my previous blog, I got a sweet job from talking to God about it. I really needed a car so I started looking for one later on in the week. I found a nice Toyota RAV4 that I wanted to get but it was on Craigslist so we have to email the guy and wait for a response to see if they had sold it already. I talked to God like crazy that night. I really loved that car, we got an email the next morning and they said they still had it. I went, saw it, and told them we would take it. I don't have it yet because we are still waiting for the title, but I thank God so much for blessing me with a car.

The power of prayer is nothing to be overlooked, but don't sound like a broken record to God either. He wants to talk to you like he was just sitting in a chair across from you. Show love...don't be a robot.

Jesus said, "Here's what I want you to do: Find a quite, secluded place so you won't be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense his grace. The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer--ignorant. They're full of formulas and programs and advice, peddling techniques for getting what you want from God. Don't fall for that nonsense. This is your Father you are dealing with, and he knows better than you what you need. with a God like this loving you, you can pray very simply." -Matthew 6:6-9 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment